i'zi:k is a specialist in products that govern the interface between man and machine: saddles, bar tape and shoes that work in harmony with you as you ride. In 1996 fi'zi:k set out on a journey to improve rider performance by producing saddles for superior ride comfort. In 2015, this same purpose drives fi'iz:k to produce shoes fit for high performance.
“Life is a road and the road is my life”.
NEW for 2016, the R4B features Volume Control Technology and the Extended Power Strap for quick and easy adjustment to create perfect fit for comfort and performance.
It is complemented by a combination of a single Boa IP1 and micro-strap closure system and injected composite sole.
Why use BOA?
- Glove-like fit: it provides custom comfort with smooth, even closure and no pressure points.
- Powerful closure: once locked into place, BOA reels and laces stay that way.
- Micro-adjustability: BOA reels offer seemingly infinite degrees of fine tuning.
- Quick on, quick off: BOA saves time when seconds count.
- On-the-fly adjustment: get easy, one-handed adjustment with a quick turn of the BOA dial.
- Durable: made from aircraft grade stainless steel, BOA laces are stronger per gram than tank armour.
- Lightweight: BOA closures shed water, mud and ice, shaving precious weight.
Adjusting the two straps closest to the toe will alter the fit and distributed pressure around the foot, enhancing comfort and performance.
Adjusting the BOA dial will alter the fit of the heel cup around the foot, increasing power transfer and maximising performance.
- Injection Composite Carbon Outsole, vented to improve its aerodynamics
- Laser-perforated Microtex upper (as used on fi'zi:k saddle covers: lighter than leather, very durable, good in wet conditions, breathable and cleans up well).
- BOA IP1 and Micro Straps closure system (tri-modal: tighten, loosen and complete release)
- Neutral fit to accommodate the majority of foot shapes
- Volume: fully adjustable down to the toe using BOA and Micro Straps closure system
- Fi'zi:k Cycling Insole
- Weight: 254g (size 42.5)